Sunday, October 2, 2011

19 Weeks


Eleanor is 19 weeks old!

This week my sweet girl started to enjoy reading books. I’m so glad. It makes me want to go out and buy hundreds of dollars worth of new books for her. We cuddle on the bed together and I hold the book up above us so that she can look at my face or the pages, as her fancy strikes her. We’ve been enjoying Little Bear’s Trousers, Chipmunk Song, and Madeline, just to name a few.

Andrew is going out of town for business for another four days this week, but I’m not worried. Last time everything went really well. We’ll miss him, but it’s not so bad with just Eleanor and mama.

I've been thinking a lot about joy lately. Eleanor is so sweet and pure joy to be around. I don't think I ever really experienced joy until she was born. I knew happiness, I knew pleasure, but I didn't know joy. She fills my heart with it every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment