Wednesday, April 13, 2011

35 Weeks


35 weeks today! 35 days until our due date, and only two weeks until our baby is full term. It’s so crazy to think that she could be here in just a few weeks.

We will likely still have to wait over a month, but our home is totally baby ready now. The nursery is complete, the changing table is stocked, the dresser is full of clothes, the closet is organized, the bassinet is set up in our bedroom, the bath stuff is waiting on the new shelf we hung in the bathroom, and the bottles are sterilized and in their own cabinet in the kitchen. It totally looks like a baby lives here and it feels so good.

Here are some photos of the nursery. It’s finished for the most part. I might still add a few small touches here and there (a mobile, a small wall bin for books), but I’m satisfied with the way it looks now. The room is very small, so my strategy was to use few but brightly colored modern decorative items to maintain a sense of openness despite the fact that we’re really squeezing a lot of furniture into a tiny space. I didn’t stick with the exact color palette I originally had planned on, but I like all of the cheery colors and the way it lets me mix and match. Also because the room is so small, it is very difficult to photograph, so these aren’t the best pictures, but it will at least give you an idea of what the room looks and feels like. Thank you so much to everyone who helped contribute to the decor!





Oh, just in case anyone was wondering, Andrew is going to be the best daddy ever. Want some proof? Last weekend we picked up that cute pink flower wall lamp at Ikea. I was so excited to set it up. I really felt like it would be the finishing touch to the nursery. Before we put it on the wall, we put in a bulb to test it. It didn't turn on. We tried another bulb. That one didn't turn on either. We checked the bulbs in another lamp and both were working. We tried plugging the flower lamp in a different outlet. Nothing was working and it was becoming obvious that there was something wrong with the wiring. I was really upset and convinced that it was totally broken. In order to keep his emotional pregnant wife from breaking down in tears, Andrew took apart the lamp to see if he could figure out what was wrong with it. He found a loose wire that he was able to connect, put the entire thing back together, and had it working in a matter of minutes. Our hero!

I've started washing loads of baby laundry. We bought a washing machine that is slightly smaller than a regular one and hooks up to our kitchen sink. I absolutely love it. There is a washer and dryer in our building, but it costs $2.50 per load to use which really starts to add up, especially when you account for the additional laundry a new baby (and especially a cloth diapered one) requires. I haven't had a washing machine of my own since I lived with my parents and I'm really loving the convenience of it. We didn't get a dryer so I'm trying out air drying. It takes a while to accomplish since the air here isn't as dry as in Phoenix, but I think the money saved will make it worthwhile. Plus, look how cute a load of baby laundry looks drying in the California sun:


Just a few more loads to go and all of her clothes and blankets will be fresh and clean for her arrival.

Alright Little E, we're ready when you are!

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe, I like the tiny piano. Baby's gonna be a mini Mozart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so lovely...and so do you!!!

    ReplyDelete