Sunday, December 4, 2011

28 Weeks





Eleanor is 28 weeks old!

We had her six month check up on Friday. She weighs 18 lbs 15 oz and is 29.5 inches long!

This week Daddy surprised us by bringing home a little Christmas tree! We’ve been married 5 years and this is only the second time we’ve got a tree. I’m typically not much for decorating for holidays, but having the baby around was making me want to listen to Christmas music and make some popcorn garlands or something. I didn’t think I would care, but I’m totally getting into this whole “Baby’s First Christmas” thing. While we were decorating our tree, I couldn’t help but think about all of the fun Christmases to come. I always loved Christmas when I was a kid, and I can’t wait to relive all of that magic and excitement through Eleanor.

In other news, our girl has developed something of a silly streak! Up until now she has been a very serious baby. She isn’t the type to smile at strangers or go out of her way to make people laugh or attract attention, but all of a sudden she developed the most hysterical little sort of laugh. It’s like a pre-laugh, just sort of a breathy “h-h-h” pant. She does it all the time, whenever she is pleased or excited or about to burst into a giggle or even when she just seems to want a little attention. It cracks us up! I’m going to try really hard to get it on video. It’s the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment