Friday, June 17, 2011

4th Week

Eleanor is 4 weeks old today! She has almost grown out of her newborn sized onesies, but the 0-3 month sized clothes are still a bit big. I’m going to be a wreck when we have to finally put away her newborn clothes. It will be any day now.

Looking around is still her favorite activity, and I’ve started dangling toys in front of her to get her to track their motion with her eyes. It’s fun to see her more and more engaged with her surroundings. She has one really wakeful period each day around noon and I try to get in as much quality play time as possible.

Social smiling doesn’t begin until around 2 months, but this baby sure is doing a lot of practice smiling. Sometimes she looks right at me and grins, and I could swear she was doing it on purpose. Her eyes even seem to be smiling.

She is a pretty happy baby as long as she is either eating, sleeping, or being "worn" in a carrier.

I recorded a video of her hanging out in her bouncy chair yesterday. I'm still learning how to make the video from my camera actually look good, but I'll try to record her more often because it is so much more dynamic. (This posted to the blog in a small format, but you can video it in full screen by clicking on the four arrows next to the "vimeo" logo at the bottom right.)




Day 22:


Day 23:


Day 24:



Day 25:


Day 26:


Day 27:


Day 28:


No comments:

Post a Comment