Wednesday, December 8, 2010

17 Weeks

17 weeks as of today and all is well! Baby is growing right on schedule and I'm feeling great. I really love being pregnant. I get lots of sleep and lots of exercise and I'm just about to eat us out of house and home. Second breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.

This morning I felt the baby move for the first time with complete certainty. Right after I woke up I was sitting on the couch with my hand on my lower stomach, when I felt this little poke. It was so strong that I could feel it with my hand. It didn’t feel at all like normal digestive movement, it was definitely a little something poking OUT! I sat really still and in the next few seconds felt the same movement two more times.

I think I’ve been feeling slight movements for the last two weeks or so, but I was never totally sure. I felt things that didn’t feel normal, but they were very infrequent and fleeting, so it was difficult to say what exactly they were. Today, however, I am certain. I felt little mini kicks courtesy of baby.

We have some exciting news to share! We are going to find out the gender of the baby on December 17th! That's just 9 days away. We haven't decided if we want to announce the gender online or if we will try to wait until we are back in Phoenix for Christmas so that we can tell you all in person. By the way, we'll be back home from the 21st through the 28th. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment