Eleanor is 8 months (or 35 weeks) old today!
Here are just a few things that I love about our 8 month old baby girl:
- She has started initiating smiles. Nothing warms my heart more than when I look at her and she smiles at me. Throughout the day she gives me these sweet smiles all on her own, and it feels like she' reminding me to enjoy the present moment and smile too.
- She is either really friendly or really afraid of strangers, depending on the day. Sometimes she is all smiles and make friends with everyone around her. Other times she gives people blank, serious stares and puts her head down on my shoulder.
- She likes to sit on the floor and play with her toys, but only if I sit on the floor with her. If I stand up, she immediately whines at me until I sit back down.
- She loves to blow zerberts on any bit of exposed skin she can find. Arms, shoulders, bellies, legs. All skin is fair zerbert game for her! She also likes to receive zerberts. After blowing on her belly since she was a newborn, it finally makes her laugh!
- Books are becoming some of her favorite toys. She loves to open them up and attempt to turn the pages, but she isn't very good at it yet.
- When she gets excited or is being silly, she yells and straightens both of her arms out in front of her, with her hands curled into little fists. It's hilarious! It's like her little body just can't contain all of her energy.
- She loves going to the park and swinging. She starts to laugh as soon as I put her in the swing, and giggles and squeals the entire time.