Wednesday, May 11, 2011

39 Weeks

39 weeks today! 7 days until our due date. Statistically, Eleanor has the greatest probability of being born sometime between the 18th and the 25th. We'll continue to keep our fingers crossed for an early arrival, but I'm trying to keep my expectations in the appropriate place.

Now that we've reached the very end, I've been reflecting about how great this pregnancy has been. It’s been totally complication free. Every scary test has come back negative. Every ultrasound has looked great. I’ve done more than my fair share of worrying, but really, things couldn’t have gone better. I’m so lucky. I’m lucky that we were able to conceive quickly and easily, and I’m lucky to be carrying a healthy baby to term who is neither very large or very small (the midwife guessed her current weight at 7.5 lbs). I just can’t wait to meet her.


No comments:

Post a Comment